Protection For Whistleblowers In The Workplace
The law prohibits retaliation against whistleblowers just as it prevents intimidation, discrimination, harassment and other unlawful practices in the workplace. If your work environment has changed for the worse since you made a claim against an employee, manager, supervisor or owner of the company for which you work, contact a Bay area retaliation attorney at The Law Offices of Rutger Heymann to discuss your work environment and how the changes may be unlawful. I will aggressively protect your rights if you have been retaliated against or wrongfully terminated. I represent employees who were fired or retaliated against for:
- Opposing financial fraud or accounting fraud
- Advocating for patient safety in hospitals or health care facilities
- Complaining about automobile sales fraud
- Objecting to unsafe workplace practices such as toxic dumping or OSHA violations
- Objecting to fraudulent securities practices such as stock option backdating
- Complaining about wage/hour and overtime violations
- Opposing fraudulent, unfair or deceptive business practices such as false advertising
- Reporting unsafe products, unsafe medical practices or FDA violations
- Objecting to sexual harassment or sex discrimination
- Objecting to pregnancy discrimination
- Objecting to LGBT discrimination
- Objecting to age discrimination
- Objecting to racial and/or national origin discrimination
- Opposing disability discrimination
- Refusing to perform an illegal act
Considerations For Public Employees — Timing Is Critical
Public employees are often unaware that filing a lawsuit against a government entity frequently requires them to file a whistleblower or tort claim in a much shorter time period than filing the same claim against a private employer. Timing is extremely important.
You Have Rights; Don’t Be A Victim
As an employment lawyer, I have often represented employees who have been mistreated at work and then are fired when they try to stand up for their rights. If you have suffered in a hostile work environment, been discriminated against or singled out as a victim of sexual harassment, or mistreated as a whistleblower, then you may have a right to hold your employer accountable. If your employer retaliates when you stand up for justice, contact us to hold them accountable.
Legal Assistance Serving San Jose, Santa Clara And The Bay Area
I can help workers throughout the Bay Area stand up for their rights and fight to recover the compensation they need to move forward after being mistreated by an employer. To discuss the specifics of your situation candidly and confidentially, call 408-404-8591 or send an email to schedule a consultation.